Current Job Vacancies
Graduate/Junior Software Engineer
We are looking for Junior Software Engineers or Computer Science graduates to join our Development Team and help drive the ambitious roadmap for our cloud-based solutions and services.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with some of the latest technologies and be involved in end-to-end software development life cycle. You’ll work closely with our in-house domain experts to analyse requirements and design, develop and test components, APIs, and applications.
You'll benefit from:
- A starting salary of £25,000 (or higher, dependent upon your experience, skills and qualifications)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Annual leave entitlement that increases with length of service
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working full time Monday to Friday, 7.5 hours a day with flexible start times available between 8am and 10am, and finish times between 4:30pm and 6:30pm.
We’re based in Central Birkenhead (Merseyside), easily accessible with great transport links, although there may be a requirement for you to work from home initially due to the Covid-19 government restrictions.
To be considered for this vacancy, you will need:
- Degree level education in Computer Science or relevant subject and/or a foundation of experience within a similar software engineering role
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience of a high-level programming language (Java, Python, NodeJS, TypeScript, C#)
- Appreciation of Software Development practices and design (OOAD, DDD, TDD, patterns)
Although not essential, exposure to any of the following would be advantageous:
- Developing desktop, web or mobile applications
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, Serverless, Containers)
- Database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, Mongo, DynamoDB, etc)
- DevOps Practices and Tools (Configuration as code, CI/CD, Docker)
Who we are?
Established in 1985, the growing team of over 120 employees are at the heart of what Crowder does, which is why the business is proud to have been Investors in People accredited since 2004, a testament to the company’s commitment to developing all personnel.
Crowder benefits from a longstanding dedicated workforce, and continued growth plans provide superb career opportunities within the business, making this a great time to join as a Graduate/Junior Software Engineer.
All applications for this Graduate/Junior Software Engineer vacancy are to be submitted via email, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Apply: Send your CV and covering letter, quoting the above reference, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about us, please submit an enquiry online.
Alternatively, you can call us on +44 (0) 151 647 7772 during office hours (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30)
or email email@example.com