Current Job Vacancies
Graduate / Junior Java Developer
Get graduate life off to a flying start with this superb opportunity to put the skills and knowledge you’ve acquired throughout your degree to great use, developing innovative and intelligent full-stack desktop, web and API solutions for some of the biggest companies across the world within the water industry.
Working alongside domain experts, product owners, testers and other developers, as a Graduate / Junior Java Developer you’ll receive training and mentoring to support the team in analysing solution requirements and play a key part in designing, developing and testing components, applications and APIs.
You’ll be involved in the end-to-end software development life cycle, and get to see the intelligent water management software through from start to finish. You’ll also be responsible for the writing and maintenance of documentation.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Education to degree level in a relevant subject such as Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Physics
- Knowledge of developing software in object oriented (OO) language, e.g. Java, C#
- An understanding of object orientated design and design driven design (DDD)
- Enthusiasm and passion for innovating and creating new solutions
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Highly driven with a proactive approach to work
We use the following software:
- Hibernate, Spring, Spring Boot, Vaadin, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Quartz
- Gradle, Eclipse, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus, Sonar, Surround SCM, Git, Jira, SQL Developer
- Agile (Scrum Hybrid)
NB: Knowledge of such would be highly advantageous.
Crowder Consulting are leading consultants in water and waste water network management. We are specialists in the fields of leakage, hydraulic modelling, asset management, capital maintenance, technical and operational support. Crowder are the originators and developers of Netbase, the leading water management information system used by several major water companies across the UK and overseas.
Established in 1985, the growing team of over 120 employees are at the heart of what Crowder does, which is why the business is proud to have been Investors in People accredited since 2004, a testament to the company’s commitment to developing all personnel.
Crowder benefits from a longstanding dedicated workforce, and continued growth plans provide superb career opportunities within the business, making this a great time to join as a Software Engineer.
All applications for this Graduate/Junior Java Developer vacancy are to be submitted via email, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Apply: Send your CV and covering letter, quoting the above reference, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about us, please submit an enquiry online.
Alternatively, you can call us on +44 (0) 151 647 7772 during office hours (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30)
or email email@example.com